Monday, August 27, 2012

3 X 5

Now I'm not talking trucks or boards here. I'm talking note cards...the little 3x5 cards that have lines on one side and are blank on the other. :)

This is one method I use when working a plot--just to keep everything organized. I take a stack of note cards, usually color coordinated--one color for each character. On the blank side I write the characters name and on the other side I write the happenings of a scene--can also add actions or facts given in the scene. You can add more detail later on, this is just a way to get the gist of the scenes you want to include.

Example: Janelle (can also add a brief description of what they are wearing in the scene)
volleyball practice--intro to the main guy
Facts given: she can play--she likes him...

Then, when I have all the scenes on note cards, I can either hang them on a clothesline or pin them to a large sheet...this way you can rearrange the order of your scenes--or combine some of the scenes if they work better as one.

Just a great visual that helps me see the whole map of my story!

WWW: What is your favorite quote when it comes to writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment