Thursday, August 23, 2012

Website...Twitter....Facebook...OH MY!

Wow...feeling a little overwhelmed today.
I'm reading the book Platform, by Michael Hyatt. It talks all about the whats, the hows, and the ins and outs of getting your name out there as a writer. Of branding yourself (ouch! hot!) as a writer, and building your platform.
There are so many ways made available to us today to become visible in the "small" writing world. Website. Twitter. Facebook. Blog...not to mention checking yahoo and gmail accounts...Where does one person find the time to take care of and maintain all of these? It's a lot of work and can take up most of your day...but it is worth it. I'm finding that if I spend 30 minutes to an hour every morning taking care of business, I can then move on to writing!

Some thoughts I've been working on: What makes me different from everyone else? What will catch the eye of readers and keep them coming back for more? (Any thoughts :) )

So, this is me asking you...please help me build my platform and like my author page on Facebook!
Janelle Leonard, Author.
Thanks a million!


WWW: Picking brains: what would you use to decorate a website of a YA author? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment