Friday, August 24, 2012

Blaming Jo!

I was asking myself today--for the hundredth time--"Self, why can't you be a morning person/writer?"
Self replied: "Blame it on Jo March!"

Ah...I get it.

In my early writing years, I loved watching the movie Little Women (still enjoy watching it!). And in the movie, Jo March wrote at night by candlelight. I always thought this was so cool...so began my nightly writing habit. I would wait all day for the sun to go down (still do) so I could be alone with my pen and paper. The later the better! There were even a bunch of times that I did get out my oil lamp and write with nothing but that flickering.
But now that I have children, I can't really stay up writing by candlelight and expect to get up at 6AM to make breakfast...Guess I need to find a new movie/book where the writer gets up early and writes!

So...does anyone else have a literary character to blame for their writing habits? :)
(Anne Shirley also has an effect on my writing and reading...but that's for another day.)

WWW: Writers WRITE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment