Saturday, September 8, 2012

Goals and Dreams


What is the difference between a goal and a dream? I admit I had to ask dictionary.com because to me they are one and the same...

Goal
1. The result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.
Dream
1. An aspiration; goal; aim. A trip to Europe is his dream.
2. A wild or vain fancy.

Someone once said that if you achieve your dreams, then you aimed too low. Well, my dreams are pretty out there (some of them I hope I achieve but then that might make them a goal…)

  1. To make the New York Times Bestseller list
  2. To play Elizabeth Bennett on stage (perhaps Chris Pine as Darcy… J
  3. To go to Greece and Ireland (stay for a month...)
  4. To become a Ninja
  5. To sing with The Band Perry or Dierks Bentley
  6. Be the a singer in a band
  7. To be a pro volleyball player
What are some dreams you have? Don't be afraid to dream BIG! :)

What are some goals you have?

What are your writing goals for today?
What are your writing goals for the week?
What are your writing goals for the month?
What are your writing goals for the year?

Give some serious thought to these and then get writing!


WWW:  a quote for today--and my goal for the day: "Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down." --John Steinbeck

No comments:

Post a Comment